Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Finals

At this time in the semester, I am glad I am not a student. So I don’t have to take finals.

At any other moment in the semester, I would be happy to be a student.  I moved to Wichita to attend Wichita State 25 years ago. I was recently divorced and strongly believed a college education would make me more employable and allow me to take better financial care of my kids. It is a decision I do not regret.  
Which brings me to the point of this blog. Education is so valuable for so many reasons. In many cases, it teaches you skills directly transferrable to a job in your field of choice. Ideally, education teaches you to think. And, problem solve. And affords you immeasurable amounts of knowledge.
So, continue to study. Study hard. Take advantage of the opportunities available to you in college. As you turn in your final, take a big sigh of relief. And, smile. Smile because that final is over. More importantly, because you have the opportunity to get a college education.

No comments:

Post a Comment