Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Welcome Back, Shockers!

As I drove into campus this morning, I saw lots of you. Traditional, returning adult, international. Sporting a Packer sweatshirt, lots of Shocker sweatshirts (of course), a few suits. Laden with backpacks, messenger bags, clutching just a couple of textbooks close to your chest.

As you hurried across campus, I didn’t have time to see the expressions on many faces but, I hope you’re excited. Excited about your instructors, the other students you will meet in your classes, and what you will learn. I hope you’re optimistic about how much your eyes will be opened to new material and the rewards you will earn based on your effort.

Most of all I hope you’re committed to learn and meet new people – and expand your world beyond what it is this morning.

I hope to meet some of you. And, help you with information and decisions about majors, career fields, jobs.

What a great time in your life this is. You may not realize this until a few years down the road. But, I know. I have my years as a college student to look back on and be thankful for. My education at Wichita State totally changed my life. It can do the same for you.     

No comments:

Post a Comment