Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Seasonal Jobs


Why would I suggest you work a seasonal-- or any temporary  job? 

Number one on my list of reasons is a temporary job just might lead to a long term opportunity. Work hard, prove yourself and the employer may want to hang on to you longer – maybe much longer – than originally planned.
Working a job for even a short time is a great way to try out companies and jobs.  Working in any number of jobs, or for XYZ Company, may sound appealing. . .until you actually try it. If you take a job, knowing it is only temporary, it doesn’t hurt your resume when “it is only temporary”.  

You know how you hear me say “network” over and over again? Working a temporary job is a great way to make contacts and add people to your professional network.  Do a good job and you’ve also got yourself a reference.
You stand a good shot at learning new skills.

You make money!
I have worked a number of temporary jobs.  All taught me new skills and three turned into jobs I worked at for at least five years.  Another was with an organization I determined I didn’t want to stay with.  Because I took the job as a temporary position, it didn’t hurt my resume, or reference information, that I only stayed there a few months – until, in fact, I found another temporary job -one that I worked at five years.  Those are my experiences.  

So. . .why would I suggest you work a seasonal-- or any temporary  job?  Why wouldn’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment