According to Ruth Harper, a communications student and blogger, here are six reasons to use LinkedIn (See full article at http://www.usatodayeducate.com/staging/index.php/blog/why-you-should-use-linkedin-before-graduation)
LinkedIn offers an easy way to break the professional networking ice.
- LinkedIn contains fewer 18 to 24 year olds than other social networking sites.
- LinkedIn makes it easier to find internships or jobs while in school.
- LinkedIn helps students build and maintain professional networks efficiently and effectively.
- LinkedIn provides students an opportunity to prove themselves professionally through authentic discussion.
- LinkedIn allows students to promote
themselves professionally online.
Four more reasons to use LinkedIn:
- It’s a great way to promote your blog or personal website.
- It can be an especially effective way to connect to professionals in different locations throughout the United States or the world.
- LinkedIn has a job search feature and more and more employers are using it.
- It’s a great way to research a company before a job interview. You might even be able to find the people who will be interviewing you.