Wednesday, October 19, 2011

30 Second Commercial

Congratulations! You are going to attend The Art of Networking next week. You want to develop your "elevator speech" aka 30 second commercial.

As yourself:
1. What are my key strengths?
2. What are some adjectives to describe me?
3. What am I trying to let others know about me?
4. Why am I interested in this person or their company or industry?

Outline your elevator speech.
1. Who am I?
2. What do I have to offer?
3. What problem can I help solve?
4. What do I want the listener to do as a result of hearing this.

Finalize your elevator speech.
1. Write a sentence about each note you wrote to answer the questions above.
2. Connect all these sentences, adding words and phrases to help them flow.
3. Review what you wrote and cut out long or unnecessary words or jargon.
4. Finalize your speech making it no longer than 30 to 90 seconds.

Familiarize yourself with your speech. You want to sound spontaneous and fresh each time you use it--not memorized.

No comments:

Post a Comment