Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Who am I and what do I want to do with my life?

Trying to decide on a major and not making much progress? Really don’t know where to start? Well, do we have a deal for you?!?

Spend an hour with a counselor in Career Services and walk away with some great information to help you explore potential majors, careers, and jobs.

One of the resources we offer is a card sort. Color coded in bright colors, the Vista card sort helps you clarify your interests, skills, values, and traits. The result is helpful information in itself, but you also end up with your Holland Code –a great tool to help you identify majors and occupations matched to your personality.

Your fellow students tell us they find the card sort valuable. Comments include:

“I liked it. It helped me figure out who I am.”

“This was fun. It was kind of an eye opener. I have to interview next month for a promotion—I always struggle with ‘here are my skills’. Here is my answer right here.”

What are you waiting for? Call 978-3435 to schedule an appointment. Come play cards. . .

~jan

No comments:

Post a Comment